Urban You is growing!
We'd love to see your resume if you feel you fit the below, if not you, refer a friend for the next step of their career.
Freelance Artists (Hair/ Makeup)
Freelance, Grand Rapids, MI
Are you a Licensed Cosmetologist, Certified Makeup Artist, or Esthetician looking for flexibility?
Do you have a passion for beauty, self-care, and making people look and feel their best?
We are now accepting applications for all Glam Squad positions for our Wealthy location in Grand Rapids, Michigan AND our brand new location in Northville, Michigan, set to open this fall.
Licensed Makeup Artists
Full time, Northville Location
We are excited to move to the next level with an experienced Manager at our new Northville, Michigan Location. This opportunity will be fast-moving and fun. Working directly with the owners and team.
Great communicator, prompt, follows deadlines
Customer service and experience focused
Team Builder and Problem solver
Understanding of financials background
“Doer” - self-starter, motivated to move
Understanding or passion for the Beauty Industry and continuous growth
Able to manage 20+ people
Marketing and digital knowledge preferred
Process and procedure oriented
Understands a start up company and excited about growth opportunities
Able to work some evenings, some flexibility for schedule
Cosmetology License a plus
Guest Experience Coordinator
Part time, Northville Location
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Guest Experience Coordinators (we call them GEC’s) are the faces of Urban You! GEC’s work directly with guests and members to ensure that their experience is exceptional. From taking appointments to offering refreshments, GEC’s are there for guests and members every step of the way. They work closely with the store manager and marketing team as well!
What you’ll do:
Greet and warmly welcome our guests
Provide excellent customer service
Promote and represent Urban You in a professional and enthusiastic manner
Create an excellent experience for all guests through a friendly and helpful attitude
Generate new clientele through promoting marketing
Help maintain professionalism and cleanliness of Medical spa
Variety of clerical tasks
Selling memberships and packages
What you’ll need:
Must be able to maintain a consistently pleasant and professional personality
Must work well under pressure and be able to multitask
Sales or customer service experience preferred, but not required
Must be customer service oriented and able to communicate effectively with guests, management and front desk staff
Able to work flexible days and hours including weekends
Licensed Medical Aesthetician
Part time, Northville Location
As a Medical Aesthetician, your job is to perform the highest level of knowledge, pampering and satisfaction among skin care services and procedures, product recommendations and consultations. Your technique also being at its highest level of relaxation. Our goal at Urban You, is to ensure each and every client we see is educated on the proper maintenance needed in order for them to see and feel an improvement of the appearance and health of their skin.
We are looking for Aesthetic professionals within the industry who master the proper understanding of correcting all skin types and concerns through high-end medical grade product and services.
● Proficiency with the latest skin care trends and techniques.
● Performing daily skin care services and consultations.
● Ability to stay on time and on track, following a client schedule throughout the
● Knowledgeable with basic and advanced skin care ingredients, knowing their
chemistry and what they do.
● Support the execution of in-store events that deliver guest experience while
delivering sales goals.
● Follow established service protocols to ensure a consistent and exceptional guest
● Follow all safety and infection control procedures before, during and after
● Acquire the highest level of knowledge of each service we offer as a business to
stimulate cross sales.
● Proficiency to demonstrate, recommend and sell skin care products to reach
monthly sales goals.
● Developed communication skills.
● Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
● Proficiency with the use of equipment and skin care machinery needed to
● Ensure you are guest ready at all times - from your uniform and appearance, to
your treatment room being clutter free, fully stocked and set up for the days’
● Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
● Ability to work independently and as a team.
● Previous relevant work experience is preferred.
● 2+ years of experience as an Aesthetician is preferred.